As we enter the giving season, we wanted to take the opportunity to thank all of our generous partners and donors who are helping us transform the maternal health landscape in Kenya. Through the support of foundations, academic institutions, and individual donors, we’ve been able to provide a safe and healthy childbirth experience for more than 20,000 moms and newborns. With 99.9% maternal and newborn survival rates and 98% satisfaction rates, our facility is one of the top rated hospitals in Kenya. Together, we’ve achieved great impact. And we couldn’t have done it without you. Thank you!
We are also grateful to our Board of Directors for generously offering to match #GivingTuesday donations this year up to $5,000. #GivingTuesday (Nov 29) is a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity worldwide. Any donations made to Jacaranda Health this holiday season will have 2x the impact up to a value of $5,000. We invite you to join the movement and to help get out and give!
Together, we can ensure that all moms get the maternity care they deserve. And we’ve done just that in 2016. Here’s a look at what our world-class team in Kenya has accomplished this year.
- We provided care to 6,000 women and ensured 1,000 newborns were born healthy.
- We opened a new maternity ward wing at our Kahawa West hospital, which empowers us to serve more women in the community.
- We partnered with 8 large public hospitals in Kenya to bring Jacaranda’s tools for improving quality maternity care to a broader population. These partnerships will expand our reach to 50,000 – 100,000 more women and babies.
- With the support of the Pfizer Foundation, we partnered with two public partner facilities to strengthen Emergency Obstetric Care (EMOC) through self-directed simulations and drills. Key “Nurse Champions” went through a mini-residency program at Jacaranda to help prepare for real life emergencies in newborn and obstetric care.
- We launched a two-year partnership with Harvard and Oxford to use Jacaranda as a field site to test implementation of new global ultrasound and gestational growth tools.
- Soon we will be working with four new government hospitals as a part of our patient-centered care quality improvement partnership with UCSF.
This #GivingTuesday, we give thanks!