Jacaranda Health is a social venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa. We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women. We have launched one clinic in Nairobi last year, and are currently expanding to other locations in the region. We strive to be a data-driven company which improves its operational efficiency through informed decision making on the costs and pricing mechanisms in the health care market. Our maternity hospital in Nairobi is the only facility in East Africa to receive a Level 5 for quality award by SafeCare.
We are seeking to hire full – time Laboratory Technologist. We are looking for someone highly-motivated and willing to take a lot of initiative and with a passion for providing Quality Care.
Reporting to the Laboratory Services in Charge this position will be responsible for collecting and testing of patient specimens and generating accurate reports to support treatment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work requirements and tasks will be guided by the department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and which are reviewed periodically but will fall broadly in the following Key Responsibility Areas (KRAS).
- Work in collaboration with the Clinical team and the JH management to implement effective procedures, rules, regulations that are consistent with the organization values and policies.
- Ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and protocols for nursing services
- Perform Laboratory investigations as per clinician’s request and ensure accurate, reliable and timely results.
- Maintain order and smooth flow of patients.
- Collection, preparation and management of samples and specimen including safe disposal
- Quality control and cleanliness adherence for laboratory equipment.
- Submitting lab reports monthly.
- Ensure that all relevant records are updated and maintained.
- Monitor and supervise proper usage of laboratory reagents.
- Maintain Laboratory machines in good order- cleaning and covering after use.
- Ensure general laboratory cleanliness is maintained.
- Report any unusual statistics or observations to the laboratory in-charge.
- Diploma in medical laboratory sciences.
- Must be registered by KMLTTB
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a busy Microbiology laboratory
- Computer literate
Please send your application cover letter, curriculum vitae with three references via email to email@example.com with Laboratory Technologist as the Email Subject by 1st April 2017. Kindly include your expected remuneration and availability in your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.