Jacaranda Health is a social venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa. We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women. We have launched one clinic in Nairobi last year, and are currently expanding to other locations in the region. We strive to be a data-driven company which improves its operational efficiency through informed decision making on the costs and pricing mechanisms in the health care market. Our maternity hospital in Nairobi is the only facility in East Africa to receive a Level 5 for quality award by SafeCare.
We are seeking to hire full-time Nurse – Midwife. We are looking for someone highly-motivated and willing to take a lot of initiative and with a passion for providing quality care.
Responsible for providing and maintaining high standards of professional nursing care to expectant mothers while ensuring consistent provision of efficient and ethical care to support it in achieving quality health service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work requirements and tasks will be guided by the department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and which are reviewed periodically but will fall broadly in the following Key Responsibility Areas (KRAS).
- Work in collaboration with the Clinical team and the JH management to implement effective procedures, rules, regulations that are consistent with the organization values and policies.
- Ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and protocols for nursing services.
- Ensure compliance with established professional and institutional policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Provide comprehensive antenatal care, postnatal care, family planning, deliveries, and other services for clients in Jacaranda’s fixed and/or mobile clinics, based on Jacaranda Health’s clinical protocols and processes
- Provide friendly, helpful service, advice, guidance, and education to all clients
- Maintain client and clinic operational data using our electronic medical records and other information systems
- Maintain a good relationship with the community.
- Work closely with peer educators, CHWs, and traditional birth attendants for outreach and education within the community
- Hold a diploma or degree in nursing from a recognized university/(medical training) college
- Position holder should have at least 3 years’ experience working as a licensed Nurse/Midwife in a busy maternity institution.
- Hold an active Nursing license from the local Nursing Council.
Please send your application cover letter, curriculum vitae with three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Nurse- Midwife as the email subject by 20th March 2017. Kindly include your expected remuneration and availability in your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.