We are seeking to hire part time Pediatrician. Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Pediatrician Officers will primarily be responsible for providing quality clinical services to our clients.
Jacaranda Health is a social venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa. We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women. As it builds a network of maternity hospitals, Jacaranda Health launched one clinic in Nairobi in 2012, a second in 2014, and one more is in process in the region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examining patients and interpreting diagnostic tests to obtain information on medical condition and determining diagnosis.
- Treat children who have minor illnesses, acute and chronic health problems, and growth and development concerns.
- Explaining procedures and discussing test results or prescribed treatments with patients and parents/guardians.
- Plan and execute medical care programs to aid in the mental and physical growth and development of children and adolescents.
- Monitoring patients’ condition and progress and re-evaluating treatments as necessary.
- Advising patients, parents, guardian and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene and disease prevention.
- Collecting, recording and maintaining patient information such as medical history reports and examination results.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury in infants and children. Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery.
- Masters Degree in Pediatrics and Child Health with a minimum of 2 years experience (post qualification).
- Ability to communicate effectively with children and parents/guardians.
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- A good understanding of community dynamics. Knowledge and familiarity with low-income urban areas of Nairobi.
Interested candidates may apply by following the link below.