Jacaranda Health is a social venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa. We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women. We have launched one clinic in Nairobi last year, and are currently expanding to other locations in the region. We strive to be a data-driven company which improves its operational efficiency through informed decision making on the costs and pricing mechanisms in the health care market. Our maternity hospital in Nairobi is the only facility in East Africa to receive a Level 5 for quality award by SafeCare.
Please visit www.jacarandahealth.org for more details. We are seeking to hire full – time Pharmaceutical Technologist Assistant. We are looking for someone highly-motivated and willing to take a lot of initiative and with a passion for providing Quality Care.
Working closely with the Pharmaceutical Technologist to ensure and support in the smooth operations within the pharmacy including, properly discharging drugs to patients, ensuring pharmacy is well stocked at all times, and safeguarding established pharmaceutical protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work requirements and tasks will be guided by the department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and which are reviewed periodically but will fall broadly in the following Key Responsibility Areas (KRAS)
- Oversee the use of medicines within the facility, in both in and outpatient settings;
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Oversee sale of prescribed medicine s to our clients and generate revenue by calculating, recording, and issuing charges;
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs;
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians’ orders and prescriptions;
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments;
- Maintain internal and external safeguards regarding storage and dispensing of pharmacy products by complying with procedures, protocols, rules, and regulations;
- Maintain detailed, meticulous records of all use of medicines, especially of controlled substances;
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols;
- Prepare weekly stock requirements and submit to Pharmaceutical Technologist for request;
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information;
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the Pharmaceutical Technologist.
- Hold a Diploma or Certificate in pharmacy from a recognized university/college
- Possess 1- 2 years’ experience in a busy pharmacy environment
- Hold a valid license.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate teams in clinical settings in low resource settings.
Please send your application cover letter, curriculum vitae with three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Pharmaceutical Technologist Assistant as the Email Subject by 29th March 2017. Kindly include your expected remuneration and availability in your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.