Jacaranda Health’s mission is to transform maternal healthcare in East Africa with high-quality, low-cost, and respectful maternity service. We do this by innovating in order to deliver evidence-based best practices in maternity service delivery at low cost to patients, operating a core network of maternity hospitals that serve as centres of excellence. We share the methodology and knowledge we’ve applied with the public sector, capacitating them to provide outstanding services.
We have built strong partnerships with local and international research institutions and have conducted rigorous experimental and implementation science research with partners such as Harvard University, the Duke Global Health Institute, and UCSF Global Health Sciences. We have won global and local recognition, including from the Center for Health Market Innovations, the Gates Foundation, Savings Lives at Birth, and the International Partnership for Innovations in Healthcare Delivery – and our facilities have been independently rated as among the highest quality in Kenya.
We are seeking a Project Manager – Research, Monitoring & Evaluation to join our team as we continue expanding our work within the greater Nairobi area.
The scope of work will overseeing multiple research projects, including study design, implementation, data collection oversight, data analysis, and manuscript preparation, as well as contributing to a dynamic, fast-paced research/M&E team environment. This individual will work on multiple initiatives to design, evaluate, and scale innovations within our clinic and public facilities. They will also work on research projects and implementation science.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work requirements and tasks will be guided by the department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and which are reviewed periodically but will fall broadly in the following Key Responsibility Areas (KRAS).
- Lead the management of the M-Health portfolio of Jacaranda, including RCTs touching multiple public health facilities and new technology initiatives
- Oversee and lead study design, implementation, data collection, data analysis, and dissemination activities for multiple research projects
- Contribute to impact measurement at Jacaranda, and manage ongoing program monitoring and impact evaluation of programs and initiatives.
- Analyse, prepare, and disseminate M&E data for practical use by program managers for program improvement, and support development and reporting of key metrics to partners and funders
- Help set our strategy for engaging government partners, building our research/project portfolio, and evaluating the impact of our work within Jacaranda Health and in the surrounding community
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with research and academic institutions locally and abroad, stakeholders within the county government health office and other stakeholders
- Work with a team of M&E project managers & Fellows, including contributing to guiding performance objectives, training, and mentorship to all M&E team members
- Coordinate academic research partnerships (including developing a strategic plan for Jacaranda’s research activities, identifying and securing research partnerships, identifying and securing funding for implementation science research)
- Support Jacaranda’s influence in the maternal and child health landscape through publication of academic papers and presentation at conferences
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or Equivalent Minimum of 2-3 years’ proven experience managing projects and/or conducting research in a health care setting
- Experience managing data, project management skills and great attention to detail.
- Proficiency in data analysis software; Proficiency in Microsoft and Google products, in particular Excel; familiarity with database management programs (e.g. Access, SQL etc., Salesforce) a plus;
- Experience with M-Health a plus, though not required. Should be interested in ICT4D
Please send your application cover letter, curriculum vitae with three references via email to email@example.com with Project Manager – Research, Monitoring & Evaluation as the Email Subject by 1st April 2017. Kindly include your expected remuneration and availability in your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.