Jacaranda Health’s mission is to transform maternal healthcare in East Africa with high-quality, low-cost, and respectful maternity services. We do this by innovating in order to deliver evidence-based best practices in maternity service delivery at low cost to patients. Our maternity hospital in Nairobi is the only facility in East Africa to receive a Level 5 for quality award by SafeCare.
In partnership with County Governments, we are committed to work alongside public sector facilities to enable them to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to improve their own services. Our early exciting results have created greater demand for our support and we are now looking to expand the team of Quality Improvement (QI) experts at Jacaranda to deliver this activity.
The Quality Improvement Associate will work with other members of Jacaranda Health’s Quality Improvement Team to support the execution of our external QI partnerships, engage in our Community of Practice for QI Champions, provide expert support into our own facility and help us realize our vision in the longer term.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work requirements and tasks will be guided by the department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and which are reviewed periodically but will fall broadly in the following Key Responsibility Areas (KRAS)
- Enable and support the execution of QI Public Sector Partnerships through:
- Working with frontline teams in partner public hospitals to secure relevant, measureable and sustainable quality improvement aims as prescribed by defined QI programmes agreed with funders/partners.
- Helping develop capacity, systems and an organizational structure that enable the ongoing application of QI in the public sector.
- Working across systems of care to actively facilitate the spread of innovative, evidence-based practice.
- Serving as one of the contact persons for Jacaranda Health with partner public hospitals and exploring opportunities to expand the scope of activities in this sector.
- Help lead a QI Community of Practice for QI practitioners in Kenya
- Provide training and decision-making support to internal managers and clinical staff on continuous performance measurement and QI activities.
- Work with the data team internally and the M&E team externally to track and interpret key data to demonstrate performance improvement and encourage wider learning.
- Document QI efforts for public dissemination and for publication in refereed journals
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Formal training in Quality Improvement (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Improvement Advisors Course, Total Quality Management, Kaisen)
- At least 1 years’ experience in applying QI methodology to secure sustainable results in healthcare, preferably in the public sector
- Strong IT literacy and experience of presenting and interpreting data
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate teams in clinical settings in low resource countries
- Trained and practiced as Clinician/Social Scientist/Public Health Specialist
- 3 years’ experience working as an independent QI practitioner
- Knowledge of statistical process control methods
- Masters-level education in relevant field
Please send your application cover letter, curriculum vitae with three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Quality Improvement Associate as the Email Subject by 1st April 2017. Kindly include your expected remuneration and availability in your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.