Jacaranda Health is a social venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa. We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women. We have launched one clinic in Nairobi last year, and are currently expanding to other locations in the region. We strive to be a data-driven company which improves its operational efficiency through informed decision making on the costs and pricing mechanisms in the health care market. Our maternity hospital in Nairobi is the only facility in East Africa to receive a Level 5 for quality award by SafeCare.
We are seeking to hire full-time Research/Program Coordinator. We are looking for someone highly-motivated and willing to take a lot of initiative and with a passion for maternal health.
The Program Coordinator will work with other members of Jacaranda Health’s Research Team to support projects with partner facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Management of Data Analysts and Associates
- Trains assistants and associates on data entry, reporting and analysis processes
- Oversee daily work of project or research associates where appropriate, responding to queries or engaging supervisor where necessary
- Creates a structure for report management, from request management to delivery and oversees reliable and consistent production of routine reports (weekly management report, monthly clinical dashboard, research quality findings) at the agreed timepoints
Project Logistics, Coordination & Facilitation
- Interact with and facilitate meetings with internal and external project teams
- Coordinate planning and execution of project events, including focus groups, interviews, baseline/endline assessments, facility meetings and trainings.
- Provides written insights from meetings and trainings where appropriate
- Reports, Proposal Writing, Content creation
- Leads initial efforts in data analysis and summarizing results
- Uses qualitative data to make and refine content for new interventions
- Compiles results/reports from data or project activities
- Provides feedback and input into project proposals
- Contribute to research study strategic planning, including assisting in the establishment of future study and team management procedures
- Contributes to grant writing
- Bachelor or Master level education in a relevant field.
- Strong IT literacy and experience of presenting and interpreting data.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team to achieve results in low resource settings.
- Experience in applying research methodology to secure sustainable results in healthcare.
- Experience in project design, monitoring and evaluation, project management, and project execution
- At least 2 years experience in a fast-paced workplace environment
- Experience in working with healthcare providers and clients a plus
Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of public health or maternal and child health.
- Knowledge of statistical and/or qualitative methods.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- Must be a person of high integrity and one who respects confidentiality
Please send your application cover letter, curriculum vitae with three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Research/Program Coordinator as the email subject. Kindly include your expected remuneration and availability in your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.