As we head closer to Thanksgiving, in the US, we thought we’d use the opportunity to thank all of our partners and supporters — from foundations to academic institutions to individual donors — who make it possible for Jacaranda Health to impact the health and lives of thousands of women and newborns in Kenya. We could not do what we do without you. Thank you!
We are also are grateful for the support of bloggers and advocates like Mom Bloggers for Social Good who included us in their link of maternal health organizations to support this giving season.
It’s why we’re participating in #GivingTuesday (Tuesday, December 2nd) this year. Although you can give at any time of the year, #GivingTuesday offers one day where giving back is the focus.
We’d love your support, of course, and can achieve great impact together. In fact, in 2014, Jacaranda Health has done exactly that, with your help!
Thanks to our world-class team in Kenya, Jacaranda Health:
- opened our second maternity hospital in Nairobi, providing world-class, high-quality, patient-centered care to hundreds of women and newborns each month. We look forward to soon expanding our pediatric care as well!
- received the highest rating among Kenyan facilities for quality of care, via Safecare.
- provided care to more than 4500 women and ensured over 300 newborns were born healthy.
- facilitated 1 in 3 Jacaranda delivery clients using family planning by two- months postpartum – nearly three times higher than the national average for postpartum family planning uptake in Kenya.
- saw nearly 50% of clients returning for 3 or more ANC (antenatal care) visits, compared to less than 15% in general population.
- re-launched our exciting mobile savings and prepayment program, MamaKiba, which encourages women and their families to save for pregnancy and childbirth costs via mobile money (M-pesa and Airtel).
- engaged in innovative research which has resulted in the implementation of an array of promising projects including: community health worker postpartum visits and calls, mHealth to improve client/provider relationships, and the use of family planning vouchers with deadlines.
Please consider giving back on #GivingTuesday!